Ah, Sweet February with all the pink things! How I’ve missed your gorgeous hue! If you’re looking for something extra sweet (and truthfully, 70% air!) you need to check out this recipe for homemade marshmallows. I added some strawberry jam into this batch and they turned my favourite color with just a faint scent of summer berries. Floating atop my white hot chocolate they are the perfect treat for someone you love! Love is in the Air!
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tbsp gelatin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla (or other extract to your taste)
- 2/3 cup icing sugar for tossing them into after cutting
- Oil, parchment then oil the parchment and line a 9×13 shallow baking pan.
- In mixer, dissolve 1/4 cup water and gelatine.
- In pot, boil sugar, 1/2 cup water and honey until soft ball stage, using a candy thermometer, 240* (this takes 12-15mins)
- Pour syrup over bloomed gelatine with your mixer on low. Then mix on hight until triple in volume. (I drape a tea towel over the mixer during high so that it doesn’t make a mess everywhere!)
- Pour into pan and let set. Cut and roll into icing sugar.
You can also make these beauties and pipe them out into rosettes or tree figures. Tint and flavour your mix however you desire! Get creative and see where your tastes take you! We love rolling cut squares into tinted or toasted coconut and have even tossed them into cocoa powder and melted them up on some graham crackers. For Christmas we’ve tinted them green and piped trees and frosted them with sprinkles and icing sugar. This recipe is so easy and fun to make!